About Us

1833: OAKWOOD MILL BUILT
It was designed by Edward Walters who also designed the free trade hall in Manchester. Used as a cotton mill.

1914-1918: FIRST WORLD WAR
Used as a margarine factory.

1923: TEXTILE PAPER TUBES
First board machine installed

1939 – 1945: WORLD WAR 11
Main customer was alliance box in Warrington who used the board to make gas mask boxes.

EARLY 1970’S: SONOCO FULL CONTROL
American company Sonoco (southern novelty company), took over full ownership of the mill.

MID 1970’S: HYDRAPULPER AND DRY VATS
A hydrapulper was installed and stock cleaning was moved across the road to a new building where it still lives today. This was followed by dry vats, bigger presses and a simple knife cutter.

1982: LIQUIBOX
Liquibox (lb Europe) moved into part of the mill. They were linked to Sonoco and remained on site until 2008.

1994: PRESTON BOARD & PACKAGING
Further development was dormant until the site was purchased by Preston Board & Pkg ltd, owned by David Hardman and Charles Ingham in 1994. Production rate at this time was approximately 3.5 tonnes per hour.

SUMMER 2007: NEW EDGE MACHINE
First edge guard machine installed

SUMMER 2008: ADDITIONAL DRYING CYLINDERS ADDED TO BOARD MACHINE
Maximum production increased to approximately 38,000 tonnes per year

DEC 2012: NEW VATS – WET END
Tonnage output increased from 38,000 to 42,000 tonnes per year

JULY 2014: NEW EDGE MACHINE
Second edge guard machine was purchased due to high demand for the products. Lead time cut from 5-6 weeks, to 2-3 weeks.

NOV 2016: NEW SHEETER
Re-conditioned automated sheeter from Australia purchased & installed

JULY 2017: ADDITIONAL 5 DRYING CYLINDERS ADDED TO BOARD MACHINE
Maximum production is now in the region of 8 tonnes per hour and we manufacture approx. 50,000 tonnes per year

Contact-G+Contact-TWContact-FB
Phone
Fax
Fax: 0161 406 6114
House
Canalside Buildings
Oakwood Road
Stockport
Cheshire
SK6 4DZ

Site designed by